Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The excitement of re-arranging

Well hello again blog land.  It has been a few days since i have been on.  We have had alot going on our way. Our roommate moved out today and we started moving the rooms around.  Our house is a mess right now, but we have started.  The first picture is of the spare bedroom which used to be Landons room.  The Walls are a light green and i have a Green, Yellow, and Black quilt that i think im going to hang above the bed.  I still need to finish moving the rest of the stuff from my craft room to the new spare room.





Then we have what is now Landons room.  I dont really like the arrangement right now but it will work for tonight.  My husband went a little crazy with the stickers.  I am going tomorrow to get fabric to make curtains for his room.  Right now its just an open window that just wont do, he thinks when he sees daylight that its time to get up.  I would rather him sleep in like normal.  We are going to try to get him to sleep in his own room tonight.  I dont know how it will go but we have to start somewhere.





I now have an extra bathroom to decorate.  I had gotten these cute frames at the Dollar Tree for a dollar, so im thinking of doing a beach theme for it. I may change my mind but im just trying to get my house to feel more like home. 



These cute little girls Gina had gotten me on our day out on the town.  They were my Thanksgiving gift.  They are adorable and on my mantal above our wood burner I love them.  I am excited we are going out again next weekend.  The holidays are such a great time, i look forward to them.   Today i found out that my 15 year old neice is pregnant.  My family is stressing me out so bad.  All of my family like in the IN, KY area.  My sister is more worried about her ex-husband who doesnt want to be with her right now, She is putting so much stress on my mother who obviously puts in on my father...Its a domino effect.  My dad has high blood pressure, and seizures so its not good on him.  I live half way across the US from them but feel like i should be there with them at a time like this.  Any suggestions or opinions.. Im so torn and stressed at this point in time.  Not trying to put my problems out there im just stuck not knowing what to do.  Today i am thankful that my husband was able to fix our car.  We were having vibrations and shaking..rotor was bad.  Now tomorrow we get the oil changed, it will be running great again at last :)  we have Landons pictures tomorrow at 4pm  i am really excited.  We have cute santa hat for him and a Christmas sweater.  In the mix of all this we are picking up our corner desk and rug from Gina.  Everything is slowing falling into place.  However today has been a long and stressful day so im off for a little relaxation time after getting Lil man to bed.  Good night all!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I love how you have the rooms started..gosh you are quick..I can't wait to see it all come together..and if you need any help on Landons curtains let me know.;) I would check out ebay for some cute fabric too.;)I wish I could give you some wisdom on how to help your family..sometimes tough love is the answer..I hope you have a great day tomorrow getting Landons pictures taken..and I am happy to hear that the car is running smoothly again...see you tomorrow maybe for the table and rug.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the new curtains:) I sure know all about the domino effect in families and all I can say is don't feel bad for not *being there*, chances are nothing would change if you were and you can't not live and enjoy your own life because of other's actions. I would maybe express my concern to your sister over your parent's health and the effect the stress is having, so maybe she can find someone else to *vent* to:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Britt, I agree with what Gina and Carmen say about familys...you have enough on your plate taking care of your own family of 3...a home to decorate, young one to care for, a hubby and all the things that need to be done everyday! I'll be keeping up with your blog to see how you're doing...

    ReplyDelete