Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Very Thankful

Hello Bloggers,

It has been a while since i have blogged.  I need to get better at it!!  Alot has been going on.  My end has been pretty crazy the last few weeks. I must say that the last few weeks have made me stop and open my eyes.  I have always believed in God and grew up in Church.  However i feel like i do not do enough, I don't make it to church or spread the word.  The last few weeks the Lord has helped me figure alot out, and took alot off of my shoulders.  All i had to do was have faith and pray.  I now am wanting to find a Church to call home and get Landon in and have him grow up learning the word of God. 

Today we started getting snow again and the ground is covered.  Its so pretty out here when it snows.  It is just very cold.  We try to keep a fire going but at night its hard because no one wants to get out of the warm and cozy bed to put more wood on.  Travis has not been home much because he has been working alot..late nights, and sometimes doesn't even come home at all.  Im very thankful for the time i do get to spend with him though.  Since i have not been on in a few weeks i can do an update on the holidays and new years.

On Christmas day we were able to get on and skype (video chat) with my parents back home so they could see Landon open his gifts.  It was amazing to be able to be with them in come sort of way.  They had no idea we were going to do it so it was a nice surprise.  This was my first Christmas away from them, but i survived, and was thankful just to have Travis home.  Landon loved the wrapping paper.  He didn't know quite what to do but we helped him.  He loved his new toys though.  For New years we spent most of the day at home, but visited with some friends of ours for a little bit. 

So far 2011 has been stressful, but like i said above it has finally calmed down.  I would like to thank everyone who has helped us and continues to help us and get us through the next couple months!!!  Here within the next few weeks Landon and i will be flying back home to Kentucky to visit my parents for a month or so.  Im hoping ill be able to make it up to Indiana to see some friends and my little nephew for a week or so. 

Im really excited for this Saturday.  As you all know my husband is in the Navy.  He is on Submarines, and i get to take a tour of his boat.  I think it will be neat to see where he works, sleeps, ect.  I have been on one before but it was an older one that was in Groton, CT.  For tonight im turning in to my warm cozy bed, for a good nights rest. 

2 comments:

  1. glad to see you are blogging again and I love seeing the photos of Landon..that cute little stinker.;) you sounded so much better on the phone tonight..you sounded so much more calm..:) if you would like to go to church with me sometime..you are more then welcome..our times are 1-4pm now..you would love our ward.;) I was out at midnight taking photos of the snow..will be posting them tomorrow.;) tell Travis hi for us.;) and give Landon a squeeze from me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update...Landon is a cutie. Skype is kind of neat isn't it...I have a cousin in England whom I was finally able to meet via Skype...it's such a thrill to be able to see and talk to a person at the same time! I lived a great deal of my life in the Norfolk, VA area so know it can get tough for the Navy wives...it's good when you can go and see the ship your husband is assigned to...see where he sleeps, what he does, where he eats, what he eats. Happy things have calmed down for you...hope you'll be able to continue blogging when you visit your parents...be safe

    ReplyDelete